Beginning Your Project
The Research Process
- Formulate your question -- list key words to use in your searches.
- Find background information.
- Refine your search topic.
- Consider your resource options -- what type of materials do you need to answer your questions?
- Select and use the appropriate research tool (such as books or article databases in GALILEO).
- Locate your materials.
- Analyze your materials.
- Organize and write your paper.
- Compose your bibliography and cite your work properly.
For more detailed help with the research process, see USG's Starting Your Search.