Beginning Your Project
The Research Process
- Formulate your question -- list key words to use in your searches
- Find background information (see Reference section below)
- Refine your search topic
- Consider your resource options -- what type of materials do you need to answer your questions?
- Select and use the appropriate research tool (such as books or article databases in GALILEO)
- Locate your materials
- Analyze your materials
- Organize and write your paper
- Compose your bibliography and cite your work properly
For more detailed help with the research process, see USG's Starting Your Search.