2012-2013 Library Holdings 153,299
2012-2013 Library Browsing 50,707
2012-2013 Registered Patrons 2,208
2012-2013 GALILEO Searches 880,604
2013-2014 Library Holdings 153,844
2013-2014 Library Browsing 50,880
2013-2014 Registered Patrons 2,891
2013-2014 GALILEO Searches 179,313
2014-2015 Digital Collection hits 12,649
2014-2015 LibGuide hits 14,839
2015-2016 Items held 159,838
2015-2016 Registered Patrons 3,006
Facsimile Edition of the Book of Kells
Facsimile Edition of Codex Leicester Hammer
The mission of the library is to enhance, strengthen, and champion academic research within the Oglethorpe University community. By imparting lifelong learning skills, providing authenticated knowledge resources, and engaging users, the library prepares stakeholders to manage the resource base of a 21st century global environment.
Library Annual Reports and Statistical Profiles
Selected Information from the Annual Reports of the Philip Weltner Library
Photo by Tom Namey
Statistical Profile Report
- Academic Reserach Class
- AD HOC Classes
- Admin Counts Discards FY1314 VRS (2.9)
- Admin Counts FY1314 VRS (2.9)
- Circulation Reports
- Collection Development Policy (2.9)
- EDP Student Survey (3.8.2)
- Faculty Survey (2.9)
- Interlibrary Loan Statistics
- LibQUAL Full Report (2.9)
- LibQUAL Highlights (2.9)
- Library Academic Assessment 2014-2015
- NCES 2012 Holdings Report
- NCES Expenditures Report 2012
- NCES Staff Report 2012
- NSSE Chart Compariosn Data
- Personal Librarian Letter
- SSI Survey 2013
- Standard Detail FY1314 VRS (2.9)
- Standard Group Counts FY1314 VRS (2.9)
- Student Satsifaction Survey
- Table Counts FY1314 VRS (2.9)
- Title Counts by Location FY1314 VRS (2.9)
- Title Growth by Location FY1314 VRS (2.9)
- Titles Used 4 or More Times FY1314 VRS (2.9)
- Titles with 3 or More Copies FY1314 VRS (2.9)
Did You Know?
The Philip Weltner Library was expanded in 1991.
Lowry Hall, which houses the library, was used as a dormitory and a medical school.
The portraits of Lord and Lady Oglethorpe were the gift of Mrs. J. M. High who started the High Museum of Art in Atlanta.
The building was copied after Corpus Christi College, Oxford.
The Library was named in honor of Philip Weltner, past president of Oglethorpe University.