To access the New York Times, please follow the directions below:
1. Visit the Library's website at http://library.oglethorpe.edu.
2. Click on GALILEO (If you're off-campus and need to access the GALILEO password, please click here for directions or visit http://library.oglethorpe.edu/help/galileo-password/).
3. Click on Journals A-Z and enter New York Times.
4. Under the first result for New York Times, select ProQuest Newsstand (Complete).
5. To browse the most recent issue, click on the hyperlinked date under the New York Times, Late Edition (East Coast) OR if you would like to browse another issue, expand the menus under Browse specific issues to locate the issue you seek.
6. Once you have the articles from the issue you need, change the view to 100 items per page via the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
7. Scroll down or go to the next page until you locate the first article in the C Section (the Arts Section).
8. Read any of the articles that you would like. Remember, no advertisements, photographs, or crossword puzzles are included in the database.
To save New York Times articles to read later or to use in future assignments, you'll need to create a ProQuest My Research account. Here's how:
1. Click on the My Research icon (the human head) in the top, right-hand corner of the results page.
2. Click Sign into My Research.
3. Click Create a My Research account.
4. Enter all required information.
5. Sign in with your User Name and Password.
Here's how to add a New York Times article to your My Research account:
1. When you are in the article you would like to save, Click Save on the right-hand menu.
2. Click Save to My Research.
3. Choose the folder in which you would like to save the article.