"Capture Reference" is a toggle designed by EndNote that allows you to easily input resources into your EndNote account when there isn't a "send to EndNote" or "Export" option.
1. Along the top bar in EndNote click on "Downloads" and you will see a split page. On the right side is "Capture."
2. Drag the "Capture Reference" box (it is lightly shaded) to your bookmarks for your browser (usually located just below the URL.) The page shoud now be bookmarked and ready to use.
3. When you are searching for a source that you want to save you can now click on the Capture Reference button in your bookmark toolbar.
4. EndNote will open a pop-up with the source's information. Fill in any additional information you need for the source and click the "Save To" button. ALWAYS SEND TO MY.ENDNOTE.COM AND NOT ENDNOTE.
5. The resource will now appear in your EndNote account, you may have to refresh the page to see it.