Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sending Sources from JSTOR to EndNote
1. Search JSTOR for sources.
2. Click on the article you want to save.
3. Click on the "Cite this Item" button.
4. This pop-up should appear:
- Select "Export a RIS file"
- This intiates a download of a file that you will upload into EndNote
5. Log into EndNote
- Hover over "Collect" and "Import References"
6. Fill out the information accordingly and click "Import"
- File: select the article's RIS file
- Import Option: select JSTOR
- To: select a destination folder for the article
7. You should see this message:
8. The article should appear in your EndNote folder, if you don't see the article try refreshing the page.